Here are some steps to help you create the perfect shot list:
1) Discuss the project with your photographer. Describe him/her your understanding and expectations and what you want to achieve with the photos. If it’s hard for you to describe just show examples of what you like. Photographer will get the idea.
2) Determine the purpose and goal of the photoshoot. This will help you to focus on the important shots and make sure you capture what's necessary.
3) Discuss location and lighting of the shoot when creating a shot list. This will help your photographer to prepare and plan for the necessary equipment and gear.
4) Prioritize the shots based on importance. So, you can make sure that you capture the most important shots first or have enough time for it.
5) Allow room for creativity. It’s good to have a plan but let you photographer be creative and work situationally. Don't be afraid to try new things and take shots that may not be on the list.
6) Review and adjust the list as necessary before the shoot. This will help to ensure that you are well-prepared and that the shoot runs smoothly.
By following these steps, you can create a shot list that is comprehensive, organized, and ensures that you capture all the necessary shots.